TEMPORARY LIMITATION OF BRANCH COUNTER SERVICES
Please be informed that in order to avoid health risks to our valued Customers and employees presented by the ongoing spread of the new coronavirus infection, temporary limitation of counter services will be planned at our Metrobank Tokyo Branch and Osaka Sub-branch from May 18, 2020 (Monday) until further notice.
We strongly request our Customers to use NON-FACE-TO-FACE CONTACT SERVICES as much as possible in accordance with the statement by Minister for Financial Services.
Important Points of the Announcement:
- Financial institutions in the areas designated in the state of emergency declaration are required to prevent the spread of infections.
- Financial institutions refrain from unnecessary or non-urgent face-to-face procedures and use non-face-to-face services.
- Customers are asked to use non-face-to-face financial services through utilizing online services, call centers, and ATMs as much as possible.
- Prevent further expansion of spread of coronavirus infection by referring to the Statement of Emergency by Government and Requests from Local Governments.
The complete detail of the message can be found at the Financial Services Agency’s (FSA) official website as follows:
Under Temporary Limitation of Face-to-face services at our branch counters we would like to ask following points:
- Acceptance of Remittance Transactions: Please use Non face-to-face transactions as described below 1.
- Acceptance of Application Forms for the following: Please use Non face-to-face application as described below 2.
- New Registration / Additional Beneficiary Amendment to Registered Information / Remittance Certificate / Amendment or Cancellation of Remittance
Regarding Application for Foreign Bank Agency Service (i.e. OFW ATM Account Opening) and Courier Services (i.e. Reactivation of Dormant Accounts, etc.), we cannot accept because the courier service companies cannot work in Philippines under the current circumstances.
- Non face-to-face Remittance Transactions:
- Remittance to a Philippine Peso Account /Cash Pick Up Anywhere Service through:
- EPRC – Easy Postal Remit Card
- METS – Metrobank Easy Transfer Service (SMBC/MUFG/RESONA)
* Subject to all applicable Terms and Conditions of the specific service. Please note that it may take longer to process your transaction during this time due to the reduced number of bank personnel at the office/bank premises to prevent further expansion of spread of coronavirus infection.
- For Tokyo Branch:
- Account No. 9512585 / Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC) / Honten Eigyou-bu
- Account No. 1125983 / Mitsubishi UFJ Bank (MUFG) / Kojimachi Shiten
- For Osaka Branch:
- Account No. 1121710 / Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC)/Osaka Chuo Branch
For the submission of APPLICATION FORMS, please send them by POSTAL MAIL.
Please call us to request for application forms or you may download forms from our website.
For further details please visit our website at WWW.METOBANK.CO.JP or contact us.
In case of any unavoidable difficult circumstances /cases including abovementioned cash withdrawal from deposit account, please call using contact information below.
We thank you for your kind understanding and continuous patronage.
|Tokyo Branch:||Osaka Sub-branch:|
|Tel: 03-5281-7281||Tel: 06-7711-1315|
|Email: MBTOKYO@metrobank.co.jp||Email: MBOSAKA@metrobank.co.jp|
|Facebook: www.facebook.com/MetrobankTokyo||Facebook: www.facebook.com/MetrobankOsaka|