Product and Services
OFW New Account Opening
Requirements to open a Metrobank OFW Peso ATM Savings Account:
- Client must make a reservation thru Metrobank Japan website.
- For Filipino nationals only.
- Valid Philippine Passport and Japan Residence Card
- Only personal application is accepted.
- Available only for Single Account.
- Minimum Initial deposit of JPY10,000*
- Must be residing in Japan for more than 6 months (In case Metrobank can confirm the employment to the company where the applicant is presently working, it is acceptable even the residence period is less than 6 months.)
- Remaining Japan Visa must have at least 6 months validity.
- For individuals including OFWs are required to provide any one of the following mandatory information
- Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Social Security System (SSS) Number
- Government Service insurance System (GSIS) Number
- Unified Multi-purpose ID (UMID) number
- OFW’s PAG-IBIG number
- Philhealth number
- Deposit Terms and Conditions apply.
- ATM Card and Personal Identification Number will be released at the time of account opening.
- Existing and active remitter of Metrobank Tokyo or Osaka will be prioritized.
*Initial deposit shall be credited to the account in Philippine Peso using the prevailing exchange rate of the day and requires the payment of JPY3,500 for remittance charge.
You can send/credit your money to the beneficiary’s account or OTC in the Philippines
- New registration MB Japan requires the registration first
- How to receive fund by beneficiary
- Credit to Metrobank Account in Philippines
- Cash Pickup Anywhere Service
- Credit to other Philippine Banks
- Way to send funds/and remittance to MB Tokyo/ Osaka
You can receive remittance from Philippines or other countries
Ways to receive :
- Credit to your account
- Payment over the counter
(available only at MB Tokyo/Osaka)
- We do not accept new account opening at Metrobank Japan (Tokyo Branch/Osaka Sub-branch)
- Please click here for details on OFW Peso ATM Savings Account (Metrobank Japan acting as an intermediary for Philippine branches under Foreign Bank Agency Service).
Metrobank Tokyo provides Trade Finance Services for Corporate Clients.
Mostly export related services such as below:
- L/C advice
- L/C confirmation
- Bills bought
For more information please call our Remittance & Trade Department
Foreign Exchange Rate
Remittance related FX
Please call and check today’s FX to the following phone number
MB Tokyo 03-5281-7205(English), 03-5281-7208(Japanese)
MB Osaka 06-7711-1315
Today’s rate will be recorded around 10:30 every morning.
Please be careful that before renewal, you may get the invalid old FX rate.
The rate may be changed within business hours without any prior notice depending upon
the FX rate movement on that day.
The rate may vary everyday subject to the movement of Yen/US Dollar and Dollar/Peso rate.
Remittance Exchange Rate:
TTS (Telegraphic Transfer Selling Rate)/ the bank sells Peso to clients.
- Yen/US Dollar
TTS rate/ the bank sells US Dollar to clients
- Yen/ US Dollar (the bank sells USD Cash)
– Remittance Exchange rate, TTS+1.5 Yen/Dollar
(In case the client has existing PIN number, TTS+1 Yen/Dollar)
- US Dollar/ Yen (the bank buys USD Cash)
– Remittance Exchange rate, TTB-1.5 Yen/Dollar
(TTB: Telegraphic Transfer Buying Rate)
(In case the client has existing PIN number, TTB-1 Yen/Dollar)
Over the Counter/ Cash Exchange rate
Please note that the limit of Cash Exchange in a day is up to USD 2,000.00 or equivalent.
(In case the clients has existing PIN number, up to USD 3,000.00 or equivalent)
Also, for Cash Exchange, client needs to show its ID’s.