URGENT IMPORTANT ADVISORY – COVID19 (NO.24)
TEMPORARY LIMITATION OF BRANCH COUNTER SERVICES
Please be informed that due to recent unprecedented surge in novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) infections and the current Quasi-State of Emergency in TOKYO and specified Prefectures, Metrobank Japan Branches will observe temporary limitation of counter services at our Metrobank Tokyo Branch and Osaka Sub-branch from January 21, 2022 (Friday) to February 13, 2022 (Sunday)* to avoid health risks to our valued Customers and employees.
* Please note that period covered may change depending on the current State of Emergency as announced by the Japan Government and / or based on the updated situation of infections.
We strongly request our Customers to use NON-FACE-TO-FACE CONTACT SERVICES as much as possible in accordance with the announcement of the Minister for Financial Services.
Important Points of the Announcement:
- Financial institutions in the areas designated in the state of emergency declaration are required to prevent the spread of infections.
- Financial institutions refrain from unnecessary or non-urgent face-to-face procedures and use non-face-to-face services.
- Customers are asked to use non-face-to-face financial services through utilizing online services, call centers, and ATMs as much as possible.
- Prevent further expansion of spread of coronavirus infection by referring to the Statement of Emergency by Government and Requests from Local Governments.
The complete detail of the message can be found at the Financial Services Agency official website as follows:
Under Temporary Limitation of Face-to-face services at our branch counters we would like to ask following points:
- Acceptance of Remittance Transactions: Please use Non face-to-face transactions as described below (I).
- Acceptance of Application Forms for the following: Please use Non face-to-face application as described below (II).
New Registration / Additional Beneficiary Amendment to Registered Information / Remittance Certificate / Amendment or Cancellation of Remittance
- Deposit Account Transactions (Metrobank Tokyo Branch Yen Accounts only): In case of unavoidable urgent necessary cash withdrawal, please call using contact information below.
- Only in case of urgent necessary face-to-face procedures requiring a visit to branch counters, the bank shall only allow a limited number of customers inside branch premises to ensure proper physical distancing is observed. The bank shall impose strict safety guidelines and shall reserve the right to deny entry in case of non-compliance to said guidelines. Safety guidelines shall be posted at the entrance of bank branches.
Regarding Application for Foreign Bank Agency Service (i.e. OFW ATM Account Opening) and Courier Services (i.e. Reactivation of Dormant Accounts, etc.), currently we cannot accept because the courier service companies cannot work in Philippines under the current circumstances.
To avoid any inconvenience and for your safety, we highly recommend all customers to refrain from visiting our branch counters.
(I) Non face-to-face Remittance Transactions:
(1) Remittance to a Philippine Peso Account /Cash Pick Up Anywhere Service through:
- EPRC – Easy Postal Remit Card
- METS – Metrobank Easy Transfer Service (SMBC/MUFG/RESONA)
* Subject to all applicable Terms and Conditions of the specific service. Please note that it may take longer to process your transaction during this time due to the reduced number of bank personnel at the office/bank premises to prevent further expansion of spread of coronavirus infection.
(2) Remittance to a Japanese Yen Account or US Dollar Account in the Philippines through:
For Tokyo Branch:
Account No. 1125983 / Mitsubishi UFJ Bank (MUFG) / Kojimachi Shiten
For MB Osaka Branch:
(II) Non face-to-face Acceptance of Application:
- For the submission of APPLICATION FORMS, please send them by POSTAL MAIL.
- Please note that application for remittance certificates can now be done thru our website.
- Please call us to request for application forms or you may download forms from our website.
For further details please visit our website at www.metrobank.co.jp or contact us.
In case of any unavoidable difficult circumstances /cases including abovementioned cash withdrawal from deposit account, please call using contact information below.
We thank you for your kind understanding and continuous patronage.
|Tokyo Branch:||Osaka Sub-branch:|
|Tel: 03-5281-7281||Tel: 06-7711-1315|
|Fax: 03-5281-7282||Fax: 06-7709-9243|
|1F Kandabashi Park Bldg. 1-19-1 Kanda Nishiki-cho,||3F Osaka Kokusai Building, 2-3-13 Azuchi-machi,|
|Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0054||Chuou-ku, Osaka 541-0052|