REMITTANCE PROCESSING SCHEDULE FOR AUGUST 2021 HOLIDAYS
(Public Holidays due to the 2021 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games)
In accordance with the Act on Special Measures for the Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games, banks in Japan will observe re-scheduled August 2021 public holidays as follows:
August 8, 2021 (Sunday) – Mountain Day*
August 9, 2021 (Monday) _ Substitute Day for Mountain Day
*Regular Schedule for Mountain Day: August 11
Please note that Metrobank Japan Branches will not be accepting branch counter transactions and remittances sent thru our conventional SMBC (Honten Eigyo-bu/ Osaka Chuo Branch) and MUFG (Kojimachi Branch) accounts.
Relevant to this we are very happy to remind you that your remittances using our 24/7 services, namely QUICK PADALA (QP), METROBANK EASY TRANSFER SERVICE (METS) and EASY POSTAL REMIT CARD (EPRC), will be processed subject to the schedule below:
|QP (Quick Padala Service)||O||O||O||O||O||O||O||O|
|O = AVAILABLE X = NOT AVAILABLE (Regular No Service – Schedule of MUFG)|
*1 Bank schedules on 8/9 (Sun) will be the same as on regular Sundays.
Kindly confirm the usage time of ATMs, Internet banking, etc. used for the transfer of remittance funds and the details of the services handled for each bank.
* Please be advised that even if the funds are received your remittance will not be processed and will be placed on hold in case of any of the following:
- Amount of Remittance exceeds ¥300,000 (will require additional actions)
- Expired ID/Non-provision of latest Customer Information per bank records
- Unknown Japan Address / Returned Mails
- Violation of Service Terms and Conditions
- Aggregate Remittance within 30 consecutive days amounts to ¥1,000,000 or more (will require additional actions)
Remittances not processed and placed on hold will only be processed upon the resumption of regular banking hours from Tuesday, August 10, 2021, after your proper compliance to bank requirements (ex. ID submission, confirmation of purpose etc.).
In addition, we strongly recommend that you send money before the bank holiday for urgent remittances or remittances with deadlines so that the recipient can receive the remittance on time.
|Metrobank TOKYO: MBTOKYO@metrobank.co.jp||Metrobank OSAKA: MBOSAKA@metrobank.co.jp|
Thank you very much for your continuous patronage.
Metrobank Japan Branches